Hormone Balancing for Women in Dallas Texas
Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy for Women
Hormonal balance in women is essential for maintaining optimal health, especially as they age. While it’s normal for a woman’s ovaries and adrenal glands to produce fewer hormones beginning during perimenopause, this lack of balance can cause numerous problems with physical and emotional health for some women. In an ideal situation, the adrenal glands take over hormone production when the ovaries cease to do so after menopause. However, excessive stress, nutritional deficiencies and lack of exercise can all prevent the adrenal glands from keeping hormones in balance.
When women deal with high levels of unrelenting stress, it causes the adrenal glands to secrete excess amounts of cortisol in response. Because cortisol, estrogen, and progesterone all come from the same source, having too much of the first hormone usually causes the body to produce too little of the others. As a steroid hormone, cortisol is essential to reducing inflammation in the body caused by stress. These types of common hormone imbalance issues can cause a host of symptoms.
Common Symptoms of Hormone Imbalance in Women
- Weight gain
- Water retention
- Hot flashes
- Night sweats
- Low libido
- Premenstrual syndrome
- Mood swings
Understanding The Symptoms of Hormone Imbalance
- Weight Gain
- Female weight gain tends to occur due to an imbalance of estrogen and progesterone, with the greatest gain happening around the midsection. Because of the increased body fat, women may develop estrogen dominance. This problem can lead to an increased risk of breast cancer, low sex drive, high blood pressure and irregular menstrual periods. Weight gain can also happen due to an increased craving for sugar, which can in turn lead to increased inflammation, premature aging, poor cellular health and a bacterial overgrowth called Candida
- Water Retention
- An imbalance of estrogen and progesterone is the typical cause of water retention. Its symptoms including fatigue, bloating and clothes feeling too tight without accompanying weight gain. The water retention may remain even when women lose excess fat. Restoring the proper balance between estrogen and progesterone helps to reduce or eliminate this problem.
- Fatigue is not limited to a feeling of constant tiredness. It can also manifest as lack of motivation, physical exhaustion and feelings of depression. When estrogen and progesterone become unbalanced, the brain’s ability to produce adequate levels of serotonin can be affected. This brain chemical is essential for an overall feeling of contentment with life.
- Hot Flashes and Night Sweats
- A hot flash, which typically results from a deficiency of estrogen, causes women to feel sudden facial flushing and sweating all over their body. Night sweats occur while sleeping and may cause the sufferer to wake up to soaked bed sheets and clothing. Cold chills can also follow hot flashes and night sweats. Restoring estrogen balance can improve all three of these problems.
- Low Libido
- A decreased desire for physical intimacy occurs on both a physical and emotional level. A lack of estrogen balance and having too much cortisol present in the body can both cause a lack of stimulation and desire. These issues can also make intercourse painful for women. A depressed mood or anxiety about aging can affect the way a woman sees herself and make her desire less physical intimacy.
- Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS)
- The complications brought on by hormone imbalance can worsen the symptoms of PMS in women. Increased bloating, heavy periods, more painful cramping and more acne and facial blemishes are just a few of the ways hormone imbalance can make PMS and menstruation unbearable for women. Bioidentical estrogen and progesterone balancing treatments are commonly used to help alleviate the symptoms of PMS and help women get back to a regular, manageable menstrual cycle.
- Mood Swings
- Estrogen, progesterone and testosterone are the hormones most responsible for unstable moods when they become unbalanced. All of these hormones work together with the brain’s neurotransmitters to keep moods on an even keel. Hormone imbalance, deficiency or dominance can lead to prolonged feelings of irritability, depression and anxiety.
Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy Improves Quality of Life
While living with these symptoms is distressing, Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy helps to eliminate or reduce them using only natural ingredients. These replacement hormones, which are made up primarily of soy and yam plant extracts, are a near-perfect match to the hormones a woman’s body once produced on its own. This allows for fast absorption, minimal side effects and a quicker resolution of symptoms.
Bioidentical Hormones can transform the way you look & feel. Contact a Dallas Bioidentical Hormone Doctor today and let us help you get back to being you.
Locate Dallas Bioidentical Hormone Doctors Near You